Six Inch Gutters vs. Five Inch Gutters: Which is Better for Your Home?
- Six inch gutters can carry about 40% more water than traditional 5 inch gutters.
- Six inch gutters offer better protection for fascia boards and siding due to their larger surface area coverage.
- If your 5 inch gutters are unable to handle heavy rains and storms, consider upgrading to six inch gutters.
- Replacing your gutters with larger ones may require some adjustments to your roofline and downspouts.
- Consult with a professional gutter installer to determine if six inch gutters are suitable for your home.
If you’re looking for gutters that can handle heavy rains and storms effectively while protecting your fascia boards and siding, upgrading to six inch gutters might be a smart choice. With their ability to carry 40% more water than traditional 5 inch gutters, they offer improved performance and durability. However, keep in mind that replacing your gutters with six inch ones may require adjustments to your roofline and downspouts. Consulting with a professional gutter installer can help you determine if this upgrade is suitable for your home.